Friday 3 July 2009

sun gazing

Hello

Since my first blog I have been thinking about what I would like to share here. I am really excited about something that I have been doing for a little while now, sun gazing. It may sound kinda weird and yes it is what it says in the name! :). Basically I have been gazing at the sun when the UV levels are safe for my eyes. The maximum suggested as safe is UV level 2, however I do find that to be to bright for my eyes so I only gaze at low level UV1. At this intensity my eyes feel relaxed and quite pleasant actually.

When I started sun gazing it was mostly just curiosity, my mother in law had been sun gazing for a little while and was really excited about what it was doing for her and I figured I would give it a try. This was in the winter months and I did not do it for long before the weather turned bad and I stopped bothering, unfortunately before I started to feel any positive effects. A few months ago when the weather started to be nice again I started gazing again after listening to Hira Ratan Manek (who globally teaches this practice) speak about what sun gazing has done for him.

I will not tell you about what effects sun gazing has had for him as this is going to be second hand information and there is loads on the net about him. I will share what the effects have been for me so far as this is my personal experience and has got me really excited. Before I say more about the effects I have experienced I want to explain the process a bit more. When starting you will gaze at the sun for 10 seconds only, one the second day you add 10 seconds making a total of 20 seconds, on the third day you add 10 seconds making a total of 30 seconds. Each day you add 10 seconds until reaching the maximum gazing time of 45 mins at which point you can go back the lesser time of 15 minutes or not at all any more. If you wish to try it you will need to also cover and close your eyes after gazing until the colors and flares go to black. I have not had much problem with this but others have said that in the beginning they spent more time waiting for the colors and flares to go black then actually gazing.

I have worked my way up to 6 minutes 20 seconds of sun gazing so far and my only complaint is that I wish I go increase my gazing for more time as I am impatient and really enjoy it. When my appetite started to decrease and my cravings changed to wanting fresh, raw fruit and vegetables I figured it maybe could all be in my head but I have continued to feel less hunger and more satisfaction from fruit and veg without going hungry or feeling unwell and dont think that would happen if it was all in my head. The hours I sleep at night has not gone down yet but when I wake up I do feel much more rested and ready to face the day. If you have heard of the law of attraction you will understand this one and might even have technique to suggest. The law of attraction is all about your head space and emotional space and says that how you think and feel will attract stuff on the same level. When I get into a bad head space and am feeling angry or negative I can find it really difficult to shift out of that space and just recently I have noticed with my sun gazing that it helps to break my attachment to that anger or whatever so that I can get back to feeling and attracting more possitive stuff.

Some of this may have sounded really out there to some of you and I would strongly suggest that you research any of what I have mentioned that got your attention as its pretty powerful stuff. I would love to hear any comments or receive questions.

Wishing you Health, Wealth and Abundance

Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment